Due to uncertainty of the continued spread of COVID-19, we are transforming our in-person CHD Walk for Hope into a virtual experience. Using social media and live streaming, we will still be able to unite together to celebrate our CHD Warriors and Angels and to further our mission. Although our daily lives have changed drastically over the last few months, we want to reassure you that HOPE is NOT cancelled.
September 27, 2020
The CHD Walk for Hope is much more than a fundraiser. It allows families and friends to rally in support of their CHD Warrior and to honor the Angels who have lost their battle to congenital heart defects. This amazing day is a celebration with games, activities, food, and music to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience.
It unites the CHD community together to generate awareness and raise funds for research. By advancing research, survival and long-term medical care are improving.
United for Hope
The CHD Coalition was formed under the belief that you never give up hope, and you are not alone on your journey with CHD. Every dollar we raise, every story we share, every step we take helps. Join us in our mission of giving hope to those affected by congenital heart defects.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Congenital Heart Defect Coalition (CHD Coalition) is a charitable nonprofit organization whose sole purpose is to improve the quality of life for children and adults born with a congenital heart defect or CHD. The three main pillars of our mission are focused on uniting and supporting the CHD community; increasing public awareness; and raising money for lifesaving medical research.
What distinguishes us from other organizations is our commitment to research. Innovative research and emerging medical technologies offer an enormous impact on the survival and long-term care of individuals affected by CHD. This mission is important to us because historically, research specific to CHD has been largely underfunded due to a lack of widespread national awareness.
While research offers the promising potential for improvement and prevention of CHD’s, programs that support the community and hospitals deliver an immediate benefit to the families and children. For this reason, the Congenital Heart Defect Coalition is a unique organization that understands the importance of contributing to both.
The CHD Coalition is operated and led by volunteers with no salaried employees. Fundraising allows the CHD Coalition to continue to provide exceptional programs to hospitals and families, scholarships, and promote medical research, which ultimately has a direct impact on the lives of everyone affected with congenital heart disease.
The CHD Walk for Hope is much more than a fundraiser. It is a meaningful event that allows families and friends to rally in support of their CHD Warrior and to honor the Angels who have lost their battle to congenital heart defects. The CHD Coalition was formed under the belief that even when you feel hopeless, you never give up hope. You are not alone on your journey with congenital heart defects.
This amazing event is a celebration with games, activities, food, and music to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience. It brings the CHD community together to generate awareness and raise funds for research. By advancing research, survival and long-term medical care are improving. Join us on this special day to unite together and change the future of congenital heart defects.
- Date: Sunday, September 27, 2020
Time: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT
- We will be walking in our neighborhoods, communities and cities apart but still united together in our collective goal to bring awareness, raise funds for research and support our CHD families.
- If you can’t walk on September 27, you can celebrate with your team, friends, families and supporters whenever it is convenient for you.
- We will be live streaming and posting on Facebook during the event. Your active participation is encouraged! More details on how you can be interactive will be posted on our public Facebook page.
- Registration fees are as follows:
$25 Virtual Walker age 2 and older
$0 Children under 2
$0 CHD Warrior of any age
- A completed registration form is required for all participants. Registration link: https://events.chdcoalition.org/event/2020Walk
- A 2020 Virtual CHD Walk for Hope t-shirt is provided to everyone who registers by Sunday, August 30. In order to receive a t-shirt, you must select a size during registration. Don’t miss this commemorative item for a very unique year!
- We will announce a pick-up time and location for you to get your t-shirt prior to the walk. More information to be distributed via email and Facebook.
- If you prefer to have your t-shirt mailed, please select “I would like my t-shirt shipped to me” in the registration form. Shipping charge is $5 for one shirt and $1 for each additional. You will be contacted prior to the virtual walk to collect payment via PayPal.
- Online donations should be assigned to an individual participant.
- The team donation total will be calculated by combining the total donations of all of the team members.
- If you have a check or cash donation, you can mail it to our office along with a note of the team name and the participant who should receive the donation. We will enter the amount into the system for you.Check donations can be made out to “CHD Coalition” and mailed to:
45 Carey Avenue, Suite 250 #1
Butler, NJ 07405
- The registration fee goes towards the participant’s donation amount.
- As a “thank you” for your fundraising efforts, participants who meet the following donation amounts will receive the items listed below.$100-$249 Car magnet
$250-$749 Acrylic tumbler
$750+ Portable charger power bank
Top fundraiser Apple AirPods Pro
- The top individual fundraiser will be determined on October 31, 2020. Prize levels are for individual’s money raised and not the team’s total.
- We will post more details on pick-up time and location.
- We encourage you to make a team poster showcasing photos and information about your CHD Warrior or Angel. These will be proudly displayed for all participants to see during the event.
- The posters are to be created by the CHD Warrior and/or family. You can use any size poster paper. Include the person’s name, CHD diagnosis, a short story about your family’s CHD journey, date of birth, pictures, etc. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you samples.
- Please email a picture of the poster to email@example.com prior to September 27. During the event, you can share your poster and other team pictures to our Facebook page.
Help us make a difference
We lead fundraisers, connect with hospitals, and spread the message of hope—but we can’t do it without the generous support of people like you. By donating or volunteering, you can change the lives of families and children across the globe.