The CHD Coalition is excited to host our 2021 CHD Walk for Hope in person! For individuals who are unable to attend in person, you can still register to participate virtually. The CHD Walk for Hope will be streamed live to our Facebook page on the day of the event.
We are $152,000 away from funding $1 Million in CHD research! With your help, we can achieve our goal and have an enormous impact on the survival and long-term care of individuals affected by congenital heart disease.
Overpeck County Park Amphitheater
40 Fort Lee Rd, Leonia, NJ 07605
There will be no onsite registration. All participants need to register online before 12:00pm Saturday, September 25 to be able to attend.
United for Hope
The CHD Coalition was formed under the belief that you never give up hope, and you are not alone on your journey with CHD. Every dollar we raise, every story we share, every step we take helps. Join us in our mission of giving hope to those affected by congenital heart defects.
September 26, 2021
Check in: 10am
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Congenital Heart Defect Coalition (CHD Coalition) is a charitable nonprofit organization whose sole purpose is to improve the quality of life for children and adults born with a congenital heart defect or CHD. The three main pillars of our mission are focused on uniting and supporting the CHD community; increasing public awareness; and raising money for lifesaving medical research.
- What distinguishes us from other organizations is our commitment to research. Innovative research and emerging medical technologies offer an enormous impact on the survival and long-term care of individuals affected by CHD. This mission is important to us because historically, research specific to CHD has been largely underfunded due to a lack of widespread national awareness.
- While research offers the promising potential for improvement and prevention of CHD’s, programs that support the community and hospitals deliver an immediate benefit to the families and children. For this reason, the Congenital Heart Defect Coalition is a unique organization that understands the importance of contributing to both.
Both! The CHD Coalition is excited to host our annual CHD Walk for Hope in person. Precautions are being made for the health of our families and children. For individuals who are unable to attend in person, we encourage participation and fundraising virtually. The CHD Walk for Hope will be streamed live to our Facebook page on the day of the event.
The health and safety of our CHD Warriors and families is of upmost importance. The following modifications will be implemented at this year’s event:
- Masks will be required for all participants even for individuals who are fully vaccinated from COVID-19; many of the CHD Warriors and siblings are not yet vaccinate.
- Pre-packaged snacks and beverages will be provided.
- There will not be children’s games and inflatables, but rather, the kids will enjoy a dance party by our live DJ!
- Due to the change of venue, tables and chairs are not available. Please consider bringing your own folding chair.
Even with these changes, our core purpose of the CHD Walk for Hope has not faltered – unite together to celebrate our Angels and Warriors, honor our Angels with the butterfly ceremony, and to raise funds for life-saving medical research.
The CHD Coalition is operated and led by volunteers with no salaried employees. Fundraising allows the CHD Coalition to continue to provide exceptional programs to hospitals and families, scholarships, and promote medical research, which ultimately has a direct impact on the lives of everyone affected with congenital heart disease.
The CHD Walk for Hope is much more than a fundraiser. It is a meaningful event that allows families and friends to rally in support of their CHD Warrior and to honor the Angels who have lost their battle to congenital heart defects. The CHD Coalition was formed under the belief that even when you feel hopeless, you never give up hope. You are not alone on your journey with congenital heart defects.
This amazing event is a celebration. It brings the CHD community together to generate awareness and raise funds for research. By advancing research, survival and long-term medical care are improving. Join us on this special day to unite together and change the future of congenital heart defects. Every dollar we raise, every story we share, every step we take helps.
Sunday, September 26, 2021
11:00 AM – 1:30 PM EDT
Onsite check-in: 10:00am – 10:55am.
Event to start promptly at 11:00 AM
The location has changed from Darlington Park (previous years) to Overpeck County Park:
Overpeck County Park Amphitheater
40 Fort Lee Rd, Leonia, NJ 07605
There is ample parking available close to the event in the Ridgefield Area III parking lot in front of the pavilion and amphitheater.
Tables and chairs will not be provided. We encourage teams to bring their own folding chairs.
Registration fees are as follows:
$25 Adult (ages 17+)
$5 Children (ages 5-16)
Free Children (under 5)
Free CHD Warrior (any age)
$15 Virtual Walker (ages 5+)
Free Virtual CHD Warrior
There will be no onsite registration. All participants need to register online before 12:00pm Saturday, September 25 to be able to attend. A completed registration form is required for all participants. This is required for check-in and access to the event.
A 2021 CHD Walk for Hope t-shirt is provided to both in-person and virtual registrants while supplies last. Virtual Walkers will be prompted during registration for shipping information if unable to pick up from the CHD Coalition office (more details to follow via email and Facebook).
Online donations should be assigned to an individual participant. The team donation total will be calculated by combining the total donations of all of the team members.
If you have a check or cash donation, you can mail it to our office along with a note of the team name and the participant who should receive the donation. We will enter the amount into the system for you. Check donations can be made out to “CHD Coalition” and mailed to:
45 Carey Avenue, Suite 250 #1
Butler, NJ 07405
The registration fee goes towards the participant’s donation amount. As a “thank you” for your fundraising efforts, participants who meet the following donation amounts will receive the items listed below.
$100-$249 Ceramic mug
$250-$749 Event cooler bag
$750+ Sherpa backed heathered blanket
Top fundraiser Samsung 50” UHD TV series RU7100
The top individual fundraiser will be determined on October 31, 2021. Prize levels are for individual’s money raised and not the team’s total.
Prizes will be awarded to both in-person attendees and Virtual Walkers. We will post more details on prize distribution via email and Facebook.
We encourage you to make a team poster showcasing photos and information about your CHD Warrior or Angel. These will be proudly displayed for all participants to see during the event. The posters are to be created by the CHD Warrior and/or family. You can use any size poster paper. Include the person’s name, CHD diagnosis, a short story about your family’s CHD journey, date of birth, pictures, etc. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and we will send you samples.
Help us make a difference
We lead fundraisers, connect with hospitals, and spread the message of hope—but we can’t do it without the generous support of people like you. By donating or volunteering, you can change the lives of families and children across the globe.